Monday 12 April 2010

Aurora No. 2...

With thanks to the help I received after the last farcical attempt by me to photograph the Aurora, this time I got some results! Not fantastic, but you can tell what it is though!


My mobile phone was beeping a text message at about midnight last night, and many thanks to whoever sent the anonymous message, letting the local birding grapevine know about the Northern Light display that was happening right now... No time to waste, and I was dressed and out side in a flash. The results from my driveway looked like this....





Then a short drive into the moors North of Burravoe, where there is no light pollution at all...




The 'lights' were better than these pics looked, but as a first attempt, I'm happy with my photos of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment