Thursday 7 October 2010

Lancy...

With a few good birds about Shetland yesterday, I decided to head to the top of Yell, and see what was being missed up there. Only while driving there I received a text from Rob Brooks to ask if I was planning a visit to the Lanceolated Warler on Unst..... decision time!...... In the end I cracked and gave up and headed to Unst. The thought of a Lancy on the neighbouring island, was just too much for me to ignore! And what a wee stunner it was too. In complete contrast to the other 'locustella' warblers being found on Shetland this Autumn, this bird was happy doing it's stuff as we all watched a few meters away! I didn't want to hang around too long, as I knew lots of folk would be heading for this bird, so I only hung about for 15 min or so, and went back to birding Yell. Many thanks to Rob, Tim and Martin for this cracking bird...





No comments:

Post a Comment