Thursday 30 September 2010

Jack!


My local patch failed to turn up anything 'rare' today, but it made up for that with stunning views of this Jack Snipe (the 3rd this Autumn). This bird was watched bobbing along as it fed next to the waters edge, and then sat tight as I got closer for photos. I was even knee deep in the loch when these pics were taken! The weather today has not been good for photos, and I can only imagine how much better these shots could be with a bit of sun and less wind. The bird was still there when I left, so maybe tomorrow?...


The bird list for today stands at; 1 Jack Snipe, 1 Yellow-browed Warbler, 1 Wood Warbler, 1 Bar-tailed Godwit, 1Willow Warbler and 3 Goldcrest.

2 comments:

  1. you lucky b*****d! surely as good as any rarity you can find up north.
    I've just found this blog, but it's a brilliant read. Fancy swapping lives for a few days? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers for that mate. It's good to know someone is reading this stuff! ;)

    ReplyDelete