Monday 6 September 2010

On Tour

Did a full tour of South Yell, as I promised myself I would find a good bird today! Unfortunately the 'good bird' didn't want to be found, so I had to make do with 1 Greenshank, 1 Merlin, 15 Bartailed Godwits, 1 Willow Warbler and 2 Otters. So with few migrants about it was quite hard work keeping the momentum up to keep checking. The best bird today was the Greenshank, as it was only the second I've seen on Yell in about 5 years!




(Another handheld shot at 100th/sec shutter... not bad!)
An added bonus today, was the fact that I didn't try for the Brown Flycatcher! As it looks like it's done a runner... I also reckon it's a possible 'escape' anyway! My reasoning for this is;

1, Too early for a 'Sibe' mega!
2, It's not on Shetland!
3, Not a hope in hell of me actually seeing it!
4, Makes me feel better about the whole incident!

No comments:

Post a Comment