Monday 6 September 2010

Stop Press...

A bit of late evening entertainment was had in Unst tonight, thanks to Mike P. who found this cracking Citrine Wagtail at Baltasound School. The light was truly awful, and the bird favoured the reed bed in which it seemed to go to roost just before 1900hrs. Still managed a few dodgy shots though... Just wish I had my sound recording equipment with me, as it was a very vocal individual!


The ferry back to Yell went via Fetlar, where I took a few pics of the sun setting...

3 comments:

  1. I said to Mike I'd bet you'd be up here, looks like you had better light than me :(

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. You bet! I don't like to miss birds as good as this if I have a chance... It seemed to go to roost in the reeds, so should be showing at first light if your into early starts?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could do, and I could get the light behind me !

    ReplyDelete