Wednesday 8 September 2010

Full of 'flava'?

The American Goldie was still hanging about this morning, though he had moved about a mile closer to Burravoe (still not close enough for the garden list though!), and was a lot closer to the road as well, so helping nicely with the photography...

The real interest for me today though, were the 2 Yellow Wagtails in the field in front of my house. I managed to photograph one of them, but in these winds the views were very brief indeed. The juv/Fem individual was very mono chrome indeed, and the head looked 'capped' neatly with dark grey! Is anyone brave enough to guess ssp from this one crappy pic? For me it looks like a Continental 'flava'...
Also around my 'patch' today were 18 Bar-tailed Godwits (could be a record count for me on Yell!) and a few Willow Warblers. The weather is now closing in and starting to rain, so it'll all have to wait for tomorrow now!
The winds are getting up, and it's all good from the SE....

No comments:

Post a Comment