Friday 2 April 2010

Black Redstart

Out and about today, thanks to both a trip to the vet's for my dog 'Corrie', and doing my monthly WeBS counts. The trip to Bixter for the vet's, produced my first two Lesser Black-backed Gulls of the year. I know... I know, everyone else has seen lots by this time of year, but I wasn't trying, and I refuse to get excited about a migrant that will be everywhere in a few weeks time...
I also managed to photograph what is probably the same Black Redstart. This time at the crossroads in Burravoe. This time it looks to have a more pronounced wing panel, and perhaps is a wee bit darker? (prob just photographic effect?) This bird was also flighty, but not as 'manic' as the other times I've seen it!

The WeBS counts produced a total of 11 Bar-tailed Godwits, and 2 Knot, along with the more common stuff. The rest of the birds included 1 Robin (still) and 2 Chaffinch (still).

2 comments:

  1. Hey, had one too in the garden this p.m. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always good to see, and I hope yours was more co-operative than mine?

    ReplyDelete